The “comprehensive” individual lesson
No separate Music Theory lessons
At CLASS & JAZZ the music theory is not a compulsory and distinct lesson. It is taught alongside instrument tuition in a “comprehensive” package. As all aspects are taught by the same teacher with the same perspective, students find it easier to develop a good insight into the way all aspects link together:
- Instrumental technique: coordination of eye, hand and ear
- Music theory: notes, rhythm, scales and chords, analysis
- Ear training: sight-reading and singing, musical dictation
- Musicality: interpretation, musical culture, development of one’s own musical personality
If needed or required, individual lessons are also flexible enough to concentrate on certain more specific aspects such as sight-reading, composition, improvisation, arrangement, jazz harmony, classical harmony … (see also aspects mentioned above)
Individual lessons as prepatation for higher music studies
We offer also specific courses to students who are preparing for an entrance examination into a music conservatoire, both in classical and jazz style.
These lessons are aimed at students who have benefited from musical tuition in a music academy alongside general, technical or professional schooling, and who do not yet feel secure enough totake the big step into a conservatoire.
Practically, for your convenience
Thanks to the “comprehensive” tuition, students need travel only once for an instrument lesson AND a music theory lesson.
Students purchase at their own choice
- a FULL subscription: 30 x 30 minutes (+ 7 free lessons) OR 15 x 60 minutes (+ 5 free lessons).
- a LIGHT subscription: 15 x 30 minutes (+ 3 free lessons) OR 8 x 60 minutes (+ 2 free lessons).
- a Try-Out session: 10 x 30 minutes OR 5 x 60 minutes.
One can choose for weekly lessons or for lessons every other week.
A calendar of lessons is agreed in advance.
For prices, please contact us.
The first half an hour contact lesson is FREE OF CHARGE.